The dish will serve 2 people.
Potatoes you can use will say on the packaging: ‘can be roasted’. It will take longer to roast a potato that is not meant for roasting.
- 1 thick slice of butter
- Lard is optional
- Oil is optional
- 7 Marabel Potatoes
- 2 sticks of thyme
- 4 sticks of sage
- quarter of an Onion
- slice the onion finely
- cut the potatoes into 4 pieces each, (6-8 if it is a big potato).
- pull the leaves off the thyme by holding the top of the stalk and pull all the leaves off in one swift movement, do that for both of them. use the stalk of both to flavour the boiled potatoes.
- tear the sage, as it stops discolouration. do this to all 4 leaves and the stalks will be used to flavour the potatoes.
- boil the potatoes for 20 minutes with the stalks to enhance the flavour.
- roast the onions and potatoes with the sage and thyme and butter for 30-40 minutes
take it out the oven and plate it up with meat. and then it is ready to serve!