Dual Chicken Breast with a blanket of Bacon and a sprout of Rosemary
This is a salt free recipe and serves 2-3 people, it depends on how hungry they are!
The bacon used is a back bacon to flavour the (otherwise bland) chicken breast. The rosemary adds freshness to the protein dish and helps prevent oxidation during cooking. It is also a easy to make into a gourmet dish.
- 1 stick of rosemary
- 2 chicken breasts
- 4 pieces of back bacon.
- Use any oil, it is personal choice. Don’t use margarine it will dry up and burn and will taste awful.
- Cut a sprig of rosemary in two halves and put it to one side.
- Grease an oven tray with foil in, do not grease too much, as it will make the chicken slimey and there is already a decent amount of fat in the bacon to flavour the chicken.
- wrap the back bacon around the chicken breast, you will need two pieces of bacon on each chicken breast.
- use the cocktail sticks to hold the bacon on the meat as it could come off in cooking.
- Place half of a sprig of Rosemary on each chicken and place it on so it looks like it is sprouting out of the meat; for added effect and presentation.
Roast it in the oven for 40-60 minutes, so it is properly cooked and the the fat has melted, and then you can plate it up.